Australia today, after six years of Labor Government: C’mon, voters, do you really want to risk changing this?
• rate of capital investment:at 27 per cent of GDP, ithe second highest in the top 20 countries,
• Australia’s investment: GDP ratio in 2010-11 – almost double that of the US.
• “Australians are among the most satisfied people in the world with their freedom of choice, quality of education, satisfaction with their jobs, even satisfaction with government – and overall satisfaction with life.” [UN 2013 Human Development Index]
• tenth highest gross domestic product per-capita worldwide
• the tenth lowest rate of unemployment among the 35 most advanced economies worldwide
• the sixth lowest net debt to GDP ratio among the 26 most advanced economies
“your public debt problems seem amazingly trivial by our standards. We only wish we had your net debt position, which is obviously incredibly comfortable.” [Martin Wolf, Chief Economics Commentator, Financial Times, London, in ABC Lateline, http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/content/2012/s3612157.htm%5D